The proprietor of McGuigan's Garage, Tommy McGuigan, served his time as a mechanic with TBF Thompson Ltd in Garvagh and in Toome.
McGuigan's Garage opened for business in Main Street Swatragh in June 1953. The main activity at that time was vehicle repairs, tractor sales and repairs, and the sale of new and used cars. Much of the business and all the work was carried out in the local farming community. In October 1974 McGuigan's Garage signed with the Lada franchise was followed by the Proton franchise in 1989. During the 1980's Tommy's sons Terence and Kieran joined the family business. When Lada ceased trading in the U.K in 1997 McGuigan's Garage expanded their business to include new imports. As well as the ongoing service and repairs, McGuigan's Garage can now supply all makes of New car and Commercial vehicles sourced throughout the UK and Europe.
See our services section for all types of work carried out and accessories available.
We are members of the Federation of Small Business.